Don’t you just love all the LOVE going around this month? All the stores are packed with chocolates, teddy bears and red balloon hearts. People are planning romantic dates and getaways. There’s so much love, it’s a cynics worst nightmare. Don’t Fret cynics, since this month is dedicated to body image positivity, this post is about self-love and care. Which, I hope, you will appreciate.
Self-love is the beginning of your road to happiness. I promise you, there is no way you can be completely happy if you don’t absolutely love YOU. I know, because I’ve tried. Some of us are naturals at nurturing others but we should also learn how to care for ourselves as well. It’s important to treat yourself and do the things you love for you. I enjoy treating myself to spa days. It makes me feel great and it gives me an opportunity to unwind and shake off any negativity I may have surrounding me. Of course, splurging on a spa day isn’t something you can do everyday so I thought I would share a few things I like to do everyday to improve on my self-love and self-care. Here are 10 ways to love your body brought to you by The National Eating Disorder Association. This website has a list of 20 but I specifically chose these 10 because they really help me. I especially love # 9 and # 10.
1.Think of your body as the vehicle to your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it
2. Create a list of all the things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often.
3. Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself—without mentioning your appearance. Add to it daily!
4. Consider that, “Life is too short to waste my time hating my body this way.”
5. Walk with your head held high, supported by pride and confidence in yourself as a person.
6. Don’t let your weight or shape keep you from activities that you enjoy.
7. Count your blessings, not your blemishes.
8. Be your body’s friend and supporter, not its enemy.
9. Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don’t exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good. Exercise for the Three F’s: Fun, Fitness, and Friendship.
10. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people who remind you of your inner strength and beauty.